Limit Your Fat Consumption
A Few Tips
Here are some tips for lowering fat consumption:
- Buy lean-cut meat and trim off excess fat. Eat smaller portions as well.
- Remove skin from poultry before cooking.
- Marinate meats or use herbs and spices to keep them tender and moist, while providing more flavor.
- Avoid fried foods. Instead, bake, steam, broil, grill or roast meat and vegetables.
- Choose fat free or low fat dairy products, salad dressings and spreads.
- Use canola or olive oil (in small amounts) for cooking and salads.
- Season vegetables with lemon, lime or herbs instead of butter and oil.