Make Active and Fun choices Everyday to Keep Moving
Keeping Active at Home & at Work:
Start living the active life!
Here are some simple tips to keep moving while at home, at work, and everywhere inbetween:
- Instead of sending emails or buzzing coworkers over the phone, get up and stop by their desks for discussions.
- Take the stairs instead of elevator or escalator. Five (5) minutes of stair climbing burns 144 calories.
- Walk the long way to get lunch, and walk back the long way.
- Take energy breaks in the office. Getting up and walking around your office for a few minutes will not only burn calories, but will also increase focus and alertness.
- Get up and clear your desk, dust your desk, or put files away.
- Cook and chop vegetables by hand.
- Cook and clean your kitchen at the same time.
- Do your dishes by hand.
- Scrub and mop your floors more often.
- Rake your leaves instead of using a leaf blower.
- Wash your car by hand.
- Plant new flowers or vegetables in your garden.
- Play with the kids.
- See exercise as a new social event. Start including family and friends.
- Go bowling instead of going for ice cream.