Sleep & Diabetes
Get More Sleep!
Sleeping at least 8 hours a day has a positive effect on blood sugar levels. Here are a few tips to promote healthy sleep:
- Exercise early, not before going to bed.
- Try to go to bed at the same time every night. Make it a regular routine.
- Try relaxation techniques, such as taking a hot bath or reading.
- Restrict alcohol and caffeine, and avoid heavy meals before bedtime.
- Try some breathing exercises or meditation.
If any of the above tips don't help you, please contact your physician.