Watch out for Sugar-Traps!
Here Are Some Foods to Watch Out for...
There are many sugar traps lurking in seemingly harmless foods. It's helpful to be aware of the most common ones.
Here are some foods that you may have never suspected of containing excessive amounts of sugar:
- A tablespoon of ketchup contains about 4 grams of sugar.
- One oz. of barbecue sauce has approximately 8 grams of added sugar.
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce has about 7 grams of sugar.
- 1/4 cup of dried fruit contains 14 grams of added sugar.
- One package of artificial sweetener contains 1 gram of sugar (4-5 of these is equivalent to one lump)
- Many processed foods contain a tremendous amount of hidden sugars.
- Look for sugars but also be wary of carbs. Remember, all carbs turn into sugar after consumption