You & Your Physician
Your doctor is responsible for directing your treatment. It is important to find a physician that you are comfortable with and that makes time for you. Working closely with your doctor is the best way to manage your Diabetes and live a happier, healthier life!
Here are a few tips when teaming up with your physician:
- Be punctual with your visits.
- Bring your glucose records.
- Carry a list of your medications and supplements.
- Ask your doctor to examine your feet. Have him/her check for signs of skin breakdown, hot spots, cracked heels, or ingrown toenails.
- Find out your blood pressure.
Remember that you are in charge of your Diabetes! Working closely with a doctor and making necessary adjustments to your diet and exercise routine will help you maintain a beautiful life!